Sicily in Depth - with 4 Days Malta Option, Small Group, 2021
Sicily In Depth – With 4 Days Malta Option, Small Group, 2021
Uncover the legacy of this culturally-rich island, once occupied by ancient civilisations and continue on to Malta with its ancient temples, sunny beaches and warm-hearted people.
- Catania: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests for your Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Palermo: Choose between a variety of restaurants and cuisines on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Trapani: At a local farm, meet the owner and sample the olive oil his family produces. Afterward, enjoy a light lunch paired with Sicilian wines.
- Taormina: Your Farm-to-Table Celebration Dinner reflects some of Sicily’s top culinary heritage.
- Sliema: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travellers at your luxury hotel in Sliema.
- Marsaxlokk: Dine at Capo Mulini and feast on delicious seafood fresh from the ocean.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW), 2 Lunch with Wine (LW)
Top Rated Highlights
- Syracuse: Walk through the gardens of Paradise Quarry, listen to the acoustics in the mysterious Ear of Dionysius and visit the Greek theatre.
- Ragusa: During your orientation with your Travel Director see the famous Baroque buildings and churches.
- Agrigento: A Local Expert will lead you through the magnificent remains of the Greek colony in the Valley in the Temples. See the massive Temple of Concord and clifftop Temple of Juno.
- Palermo: Discover the Sicilian capital with your Local Expert. See Pretoria Square and the 16th century fountain. View the composite architectural styles of the Palermo Cathedral and visit the Cathedral of Monreale.
- Erice: Led by your Travel Director, explore the quiet alleys of this ancient walled town, as if you’ve stepped into the Middle Ages. See the medieval churches and marvel at the sea views from the gardens of the Castle of Venus.
- Cefalu: Your Travel Director will show you the cathedral, built to fulfil a vow. Walk to the medieval stone fountain in the old fishermen’s quarter, find the Gothic arch of the Porta Marina and see the harbour.
- Taormina Riviera: During your orientation with your Travel Director, visit the courtyard of Palazzo Corvaja, seat of the first Sicilian parliament, and stroll along Corso Umberto to Piazza IX Aprile.
- Valletta: Explore the capital with your Local Expert. Visit the Upper Barrakka Gardens and get lost in its beautiful 16th century buildings including St John’s Co-Cathedral, designed in a baroque fashion.
- Marsaxlokk: See the Luzzus lined along the waterfront and enjoy time to browse the market, a staple for locals after fresh seafood and other tasty delicacies.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Sicily
Explore the Valley of the Temples and on to Palermo
Palermo & the Golden Age of the Normans
Cefalu and the Taormina Riviera
Taormina and the Dawn Coast of Europe
Fly from Catania to Malta
Free time in Sliema